OK - you need backache treatment now. You want that pain or ache gone. Don't suffer any longer than you need because simple relief is available and early treatment will speed up your recovery. Most back pain will clear naturally, but the week or two it takes can be agony so let's look at what you can do to relieve your discomfort.
Get relief from your chronic back pain in 7 days with your free book at 7 Day Back Pain Cure. Learn how to treat the cause of your back pain.
Firstly, although most back pain is nothing to worry about, there are occasions when the cause may be something which needs urgent professional attention. So:-
See your GP as soon as possible if you have any of these symptoms
If that doesn't apply to your pain then these are the simple backache treatment steps you can take to speed recovery.
1) Watch your posture. The pain will make this obvious but if you are sitting, keep your back upright. Backpain remedies don't come any cheaper than this.
2) Apply gentle heat. We make natural wheat bags which are ideal for backache treatment, but in an emergency use a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel and apply it directly to the site of your pain. Some people respond to a cold compress - particularly for minor sprains - so use a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel. In both cases, apply the bag for about 20 minutes at a time.
3) Painkillers will help. Over the counter drugs which may help with backpain relief or swelling include aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol), naproxen (Aleve), ketoprofen (Orudis), and ibuprofen (Motrin). Ask your Pharmacist for advice because he may have knowledge of more recent products or he may suggest a combination of complimentary drugs. Note that you should take a full course, not just a couple of tablets when the pain is severe.
4) Avoid soft beds! If the pain is severe, put a sleeping bag or your mattress on the floor.
5) Take gentle exercise. Movement is nature's backpain treatment so keep moving - just don't over-do things at first.
6) You may wish to consider using TENS machines.
There are a number of health care professionals who may offer backpain treatment. They include Acupuncturists, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors etc., as well as a number of fringe or alternate disciplines offering massage, aromatherapy and other backpain treatments. There are conflicting opinions in the medical profession about the effectiveness of some backache treatments and it may be worth discussing this with your GP.However; it is your back and your backpain, so if a particular technique works for you, well done! We describe some of these disciplines in our backpain professionals section.
Do bare in mind that regular massage eases tension and relaxes muscle spasms in the back. You can learn how!
Over the longer term, you may need to make modest changes to your lifestyle. particularly as you get older. If you have a soft bed, either change it or place wooden planks beneath it to firm it up. Most of us go on using the same mattress for years. There are better choices available now in memory foams, which will provide comfortable support. Worth doing and hang the expense - after all, most of us spent a third of our lives in bed!
Above all, gentle exercise is the first step to backpain treatment and the key to controling neck and back pain. If you don't enjoy exercise - and few of us can be bothered - buy yourself a dog. It's something I suggest a lot but the simple truth is that ownership of a dog will get you out for gentle walks on a regular basis. It will also help to take your mind off your backpain problems - stress is a major contributing factor in backpain - and you will live longer.
Buy a dog and you will live longer - just ask your doctor
Back to top of Backache treatment
Click here to learn how to cure backpain
Back Pain - Honest & Understandable Articles about Back Pain and Treatments written by Sensei Adam Rostocki.
http://www.essential-natural-remedies.com/ How to use essential oils as natural remedies.Improve your health, clean your environment and add them to your first aid kit. Information is given on the most popular essential oils and their uses.
www.antioxidants-4-life.com Learn how Antioxidant Superfoods and Natural Supplements can help relieve back pain. Antioxidants can protect our bodies from the harmful effects of stress, pollution, aging, inflammation and diseases such as heart disease and cancer. Also, learn how Dark Chocolate is Healthy Chocolate!
Learn how to make healing, aromatic massage oils, bath salts and other
aromatherapy recipes to relieve your back pain. Aromatherapy helps ease
pain by reducing inflammation and promoting deep, healing relaxation.
See for yourself how easy it is to make your own natural remedies.
Enjoy This Site?
Then why not use the button below, to add us to your favorite bookmarking service?
Copyright© 2008 - 2011. www.backache-relief.com